My name is Alexander Bruehl
I am a software engineer by education, having studied Computer Science in Munich Germany. I have started two software companies myself before I moved to the other side of the table and became a Venture Capitalist at Atlas Venture (now Accomplice) where I was a Senior Partner and Managing Director of Atlas GmbH, Germany.
I would consider myself a lifetime entrepreneur. This was probably the main reason why I decided to come back to the startup scene as a mentor, coach and passionate, hands-on angel investor, seeking exciting business ideas, credible teams and promising businesses in Software (SaaS, Software as a Service; Cloud Software) and Digital Media.
I support ambitious founders and CEOs managing the usual go-to-market and growth challenges of SaaS companies from positioning, sales modelling, internationalization and proper funding. I commit time and money as part of a fruitful cooperation.
Below a few more details about my cooperation with founders in short:
My core competencies are
- starting up a SaaS company
- defining sales/distribution models (direct, channel, OEM, white label)
- developing pricing models
- getting funding from credible people and/or institutional investors
The value I can bring to B2B SaaS startups centers around
- actively drive and manage the exchange of experiences and findings within my 10+ SaaS companies all across Europe.
- leverage my own experience as a serial software entrepreneur and help SaaS startups avoiding mistakes hence focusing on proven execution models.
- help startups through the first 2 – 3 years of early (Seed and Series-A) funding by opening up my deep network into the investment community (Venture Capital, Public Funds, Angel Investors)
My cooperation with founders
- no cash compensation for any value I (hopefully) add
- agree on an entrepreneurial compensation package, based on the only currency a startup can afford, i.e. common stock
- intensive teamwork to, if required, develop a true, purebred SaaS business plan and execution model
- commit myself to participate in the next financing round
- support and coach the founders to secure the funds needed to execute the SaaS business plan
- remain a passionate, committed sparring partner, mentor and coach for the founders for the challenging, yet exciting, years of seeding, growing, maturing and globalizing a business.
My main geographic region
- Central and Eastern Europe
- United States